Monday, January 21, 2013

Ewwweee! Germs!

Last week we learned about winter health and germs.  We did a little experiment to help us learn about germs spreading.  I started the lesson by having my cuties sit around a paper that said Germs are Gross! and they all signed it if they agreed


 Each student signed the paper and then I stated that we were going to agree to not spread germs and that we would "shake on it".  Before we shook hands, I gave them all a dot of paint on their hand - either blue, yellow, or red.  Then we walked around and shook hands to agree to not spread germs.




After a few moments of hand shaking, we sat around our paper and stamped our hand above our name.


We washed up quickly, than I informed my class that the students with red paint were germs.


We then looked at our handprints and noticed that we all had red paint mixed with our hand print!  Yikes!  How easily germs spread.

We reveiwed hand washing with my song below:

  This idea came from Little Miss Kindergarten's blog.  Check it for more science goodies!

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I am def. going to use this next week when we really start to look at germs and all that is gross! :)

    Thanks for sharing!
    Erin
    www.missandersonkinder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Love it!

    Kara
    Spedventures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! Definitely a more "concrete" way for little ones to understand germs!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...