Sunday, October 14, 2012

Parent Conferences Freebies

It's that time of year when we start having conferences in my district.  I don't know how you feel about conferences, but I really enjoy the time to talk to families one on one.  It is scary, but I like to think of it as a small group time for families.  You can really learn a lot about your students, where they come from, and their families view on learning and school.

When I schedule conferences, I send home a note with all of the times I am available for conferences and have each family check three times that they would like to meet.  The note states that I will try to schedule them for one of the times they choose.  Then I send home this note as a confirmation:

I try to keep each conference at 20 minutes. Here is the schedule I use:

2 minutes to share glows (praise of their student)
8 minutes to go over conference report (freebie listed below)
7 minutes to answer questions
3 minutes to share the importance of reading (freebie listed below)

Here are your freebies!



Happy Conferencing!

3 comments:

  1. Love that Why I Should Read Every Night, Erica! If we could just convince all our parents the importance of this. :)
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! Thank you so much!
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Erica!! I can't wait to use these!

    Angela
    The Daily Alphabet

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...